www.cindypackardrichmond.com

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Shanghaied in Singapore

The internet has created a small, twisted world...A few years ago, I received an email from Isabelle V. Lim who lives in Hong Kong.  Ms. Lim, a pastelist, had recognized my artwork from an article in International Artist.  She  attached cell phone images of my work which she had seen on the wall of a seafood restaurant in Singapore.  This surprised me as I was pretty sure they were still in my basement.  My compositions had been lifted and mass produced. The designer  hung them upside down and sideways, either not caring or believing this voided the copyright infringement.  I called Singapore.  They were shocked(!!!!) to learn the images had been bootleggedThe restaurant blamed the designer, who was Australian.  And there the trail ended.  Much to my dismay, no one was publicly caned. 

1 comment:

  1. I have a friend in Singapore. Shall I have her check and see if the place still exists and if the pictures are still hanging?

    ReplyDelete