www.cindypackardrichmond.com

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

"Find Your Place"

   The Trustees of the Reservation, a Massachusetts conservation group, has a wonderful motto: "Find Your Place."  So simple, so true.  A place where you feel at peace.  Isn't that what we all want?
   My brother doesn't buy lottery tickets because, as he put it, "I won the lottery the day I was born."  Me too.  My father bought the above house in 1953 for the princely sum of $8000.  It is the emotional center of our lives, even though most of the time it is vacant or filled with renters.
This is the view from the front porch, and this is my place.  I suspect it is other people's place as well. When  I was a teenager, I was bored silly by the quiet emptiness of the space. I couldn't wait to go to town, a ferry ride away.
   "Find Your Place" had a darker meaning today, my first day back.  My password list vanished from my desk while I was gone.  Poof.  Whom the Gods destroy, They first make mad with ever-changing passwords.  Who can keep up with this nonsense?  Why doesn't cyberspace have a 'find-your-space' option?

1 comment: