www.cindypackardrichmond.com

Monday, February 28, 2011

Don't tell my husband

I went to a barn sale yesterday and picked up these industrial pieces.  Someday they will figure in a still life composition.  At least that is my intention.  My husband, who is understandably alarmed at the bizarre colony of 'still life' items swelling the seams of our home, has a hard and fast rule:  Nothing else comes into the house unless something else goes out. But really, what doesn't qualify as a potential still life character? I've used wooden block and tackles, railroad oil cans, vintage windup toys, dessicated Japanese umbrellas, and pharmaceutical posters.  This may explain his fondness for my food still lifes.  At least he can eat those.

2 comments:

  1. This might be an opportunity. I can send you some of my "collectibles."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know if you want more rusted items. I love rust! Even bought 100 lbs of it last summer at a scrap metal place. Have used some pieces to make a cairn.

    ReplyDelete