www.cindypackardrichmond.com

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

My father was an original, but doesn't every little girl think that.  The above image was taken by Alfred Eisenstaedt for People Magazine.  When it was published, in the seventies, I was surprised.  Apparently, so was my father.  Eisenstaedt had followed him for a 'day in the life'. It was my father's habit to swim in the buff.  Something I did not know, but now all of America knew.
Looking at the image now, I'm left wishing I had inherited his calves.

1 comment:

  1. Gasp! I just read the post about the Bridge of Sighs painting. Whited out? I absolutely love your work, as much as I loved your novels. I see much of the same wit. I look forward to seeing your paintings someday on my next trip to the area. I wish I could read the other 3 novels.

    ReplyDelete